Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Jenny Costa – the founder of Rubies in the Rubble – grew up on a farm in Scotland, surrounded by food. To begin with, her career took her in a different direction and she studies a masters in mathematics and economics. But after reading some research about the shocking stats surrounding food waste, she reconnected with her love of food.
Jenny became obsessed with food waste and set out to create a brand that was fun and celebrated food whilst also tackling the issue of food waste. After some small scale experiments at a London market stall, she’s scaled the brand and diversified the product range and is now competing with big players in the condiments category.
Tune in to this week’s episode of Good Foodies to hear the full story and how Rubies are creating value across the supply chain and taking the brand to new heights.
In this episode you’ll learn
- Where the inspiration for Rubies came from and how the business started
- Why food is something worth celebrating
- How to get started fast by trial and error
- What to consider when refreshing a brand
- The importance of having a good story and mission to drive your business forward
- How to add value to both consumers and business customers
- How to use alternative sales channels to increase brand awareness
Notes and Links
Learn more about Rubies in the Rubble on their website