Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Huel make a range of powders, pre-mixed drinks and snack bars that are nutritionally complete. Their core product is made from 6 ingredients: oats, rice protein, pea protein, flaxseed, sunflower and MCTs (a fat from coconut). It contains a pro-rata amount of all the vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids we need on a daily basis. And it’s super convenient. Could this be the future of food?
Huel’s mission is to make food convenient and affordable with minimal impact on animals and the environment. They’re also the fastest growing food business in the UK. To find out how they did it, tune in to this week’s episode.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- What Huel is and where the idea came from
- Why nutritionally complete food is so important and yet so hard to find
- How often Huel’s founder consumes his own product
- The difference between entertainment food and nutritional food
- Why Huel are a nutrition first, taste second brand
- How Huel started on a shoestring and now turns over £50M per year
- The benefits of doing everything yourself in the early stages
Notes and Links
Learn more about Huel on their website
Behance.net a great place to find freelance designers
Resource of the Week
1000 True Fans blog post by Kevin Kelly