Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Amatte is a new luxury coffee brand that embodies Africa’s rich cultures and history of storytelling. It sustainably sources the finest Arabica beans from female farmers across the continent to create delicious single origin coffee and blends in the UK.
On this week’s episode of Good Foodies we speak to Amatte founder, Amani Kiflemariam about her entrepreneur story, the history and culture of coffee in Africa and her passion for empowering female farmers.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- The origin story of coffee in Africa
- The traditional coffee ceremony performed in African homes five times per day
- The challenges faced by women and female farmers in Africa
- How Amatte are protecting the lives of female farmers in Africa
- What impact investing is
- How people, brands and businesses can make a difference in the world
Notes and Links
Learn more about Amatte and their range of luxury coffees on their website
Girls Got To Run – partner helping girls get into sport
Addis Exporter – exporting green coffee
Impact investing – a definition