Show NotesDownload episode MP3
BOL produce a selection of fresh, healthy food for a number of eating occasions. They’re pioneering a plant-based movement and are on a mission to “sex up veg”.
Their initial concept was born inside Fruit Towers at innocent drinks and after successfully launching BOL in 2015 Paul and his team built the business to 10M in just two years.
But in 2017 Paul made a huge decision which literally halved their business overnight. And he says it’s the best decision he ever made. Tune in to this episode for the full story.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- How Paul got his start in the food industry at innocent drinks
- How to make decisions based on ethics, values and good business
- The single biggest thing we can do to reduce our impact on the environment
- How to foster a great internal culture where everyone’s ideas are heard
- How to keep in touch with trends and understand what your customers want
- What happens when you give 100% of your profits to charity
- Paul’s three tips for business success
Notes and Links
The Food Revolution book
How Not to Die book
Good Foodies episode with Avishag Seligman from TIPA about their compostable packaging
FACT: Food waste has at least ten times the environmental impact of packaging waste (and that’s excluding the impact of methane from food in landfill)
Resource of the Week
The DO book series