Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Do you dream of seeing your own products on the supermarket shelves? Well, in this episode Dafna Bonas, founder at Indie Bay Snacks will give you the step by step roadmap they used to go from zero to 1000 stockists in just 18 months.
With a background in marketing and tech, the Indie Bay team set about solving a big problem in the snack category and have reinvented an old classic with exciting ingredients and an innovative twist. Learn the three core pillars of marketing and a four-stage expansion plan for getting your products into the stores and into the hands and mouths of customers up and down the country.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- The problem with most snacks
- When the pretzel was invented
- The 4-stage pyramid of retailer expansion
- The 3 core marketing principles behind Indie Bay Snacks success
- How Indie Bay are giving back to improve children’s health
The 4-Stage Pyramid of Retailer Expansion
- The Opinion Formers (Selfridges, Harvey Nichols)
- The Credibility Setters (Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Ocado, Waitrose)
- Indies (independent stores)
- Multis (supermarkets like Sainsbury’s)
The 3 Core Marketing Principles of Indie Bay Snacks
- Know your customer
- Know your brand
- Know your product
Notes and Links
Learn more about Indie Bay Snacks on their website
Resource of the Week
Bread and Jam Events in London. Monthly social events, mentor walks, founder dinners, 1-day business bootcamps and evening workshops to help you grow your food business.
And don’t forget the Bread and Jam Food Founders Festival taking place in London on 3-4 October 2019.