Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Why do you do what you do? Is there something deep and meaningful that drives you or do you just have a passion for creating things? Today we’re talking to Simon Coley from Karma Cola about creating a business with purpose to compete in a dominated category.
Karma Cola was founded in 2010 on a simple ideal: what you drink should not only taste good, it should be good for the land, good for the people who grow the ingredients and as good for you as a fizzy drink can be. They’ve taken on the big brands in the dominated soft drinks category and created a brand that’s the antithesis of others on the market. A virtuous cycle of doing good runs throughout the whole business and it’s a hugely inspiring story. If you want to build a challenger brand or one with more purpose and meaning, this episode will definitely get you thinking.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- What cola is actually made from
- How to do good through trade, not aid
- The importance of having a strong purpose behind what you do
- How to do just enough to get started
- Why it’s important to make mistakes
- 3 tips for how to balance doing good with building something commercially viable