Show NotesDownload episode MP3
In this bonus episode, we’re talking about the importance of putting your customer first in everything you do. This is something you’ve probably heard about before – it’s definitely something we talk about a lot on the podcast and it’s something that’s a core pillar of our training programmes.
In this episode, you’ll learn what it means to put the customer first, how to make your content and social media activities more interesting and relevant to your customers, and three tips for how to know you’re doing it right.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- What Customer First means
- Why “put the customer first” is not the same as “the customer is always right”
- How putting the customer first has a positive impact on all your marketing activities
- How to use data to learn more about your customers
- The difference between “features” and “benefits”
- A quick tip for improving the messaging on your website
Tips for Putting the Customer First
Your customers are always thinking “what’s in it for me” so try to ask yourself that question from your customer’s perspective.
Sell the benefits to the customer rather than a list of features. For example: “1000 songs in your pocket” vs. “5gb of storage for mp3s”.
Look back over your last few weeks or months of social media output and assess how many posts are just talking about you and how many are positioned as something of value to your customers.
Search your website’s homepage for the words “I, we, our, us” and add up the total number of references. Then search for the word “you”. Make sure your website uses the word “you” more than the word “I” or “we”.