Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Food waste is one of the biggest issues we may see solved in our lifetime. Food waste occurs in a number of stages of the food chain – from the farm gate, all the way to our homes – but our homes are one of the biggest sources of wasted food.
OLIO is a neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app that reduces food waste and build community. Learn how they’ve grown from a tiny proof of concept in north London, raised over $6 million and expanded into 32 countries in just 3 years.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- How to start your business with a proof of concept and minimum viable product
- Strategies for monetising a platform which is free for all users
- The importance of building community – particularly offline
- How to keep your business lean, both internally and externally
- Some of the technical challenges when it comes to building a team and scaling