037 – Flexible, Compostable Packaging to Fight Against Plastic with Avishag Seligman from TIPA
Plastic is a huge issue, particularly when it comes to single use plastics. Our oceans and landfill sites are full of plastic and it wreaks havoc on the environment and wildlife. Surprisingly, plastic was invented as a solution to another terrible problem. It’s funny how that works, isn’t it?
Tune in to this episode of Good Foodies to discover a compostable, flexible packaging which is plastic free and has the potential to revolutionise the industry without the need for massive changes to consumer behaviour. If you need all sorts of packaging and business support solutions for your food startup, you’ll definitely want to keep listening for our resource of the week too.
In this episode you’ll learn
- The sheer scale of how much plastic is used in food packaging
- The surprising story of how the plastic problem started
- The difference between compostable, biodegradable and recyclable packaging
- How to create packaging that’s as close to nature as possible
- Why most flexible, compostable packaging has not worked over the last 20 years
- The correlation between good, healthy food and sustainable packaging
- The importance of transparency in modern business
Notes and Links
TIPA compostable packaging
Good Foodies episode #007 with Snact, discussing compostable packaging
Here Today, Gone Tomorrow – Snact Are Leading the Way in Compostable Packaging
What is a packaging converter?
What is a MOQ?
Resource of the Week
The Food Hub Directory – a directory of word-of-mouth recommendations for all sorts of suppliers and support services. They have a whole load of listings to help find people, products or services across business, product and selling. There’s lots of packaging resources there so we thought it would be a good fit for this episode.