Show NotesDownload episode MP3
According to Ben Pugh from Farmdrop, the food system is completely broken. Farmdrop have just raised £10M to fix it with their unique combination of mobile technology, marketing personalisation and a focus on quality, ethical and sustainable products.
Tune in to hear how Farmdrop has changed over the years and how they have raised money in all sorts of interesting ways. We’ve also got a classic book as our Resource of the Week which will help you test your ideas and gather valuable feedback from customers.
In this episode you’ll learn
- The wide ranging issues in the food system
- How to make your customers the hero of your brand story
- How Farmdrop has changed and evolved over the years
- The importance of listening to customers
- How to make your offer more compelling by making mistakes
- How to use hyper personalisation to make every customer feel special
- How to raise funds from a range of different sources including Angels, Crowdfunding and Venture Capital
- How to stay true to your ethical values as your business grows
Notes and Links
Buy ethical and sustainable food from Farmdrop
If you’d like to try out Farmdrop for yourself, use our unique referral link and you’ll get £30 in credit. You can use this credit to pay for up to 25% of your shop each time – spend £110 and you can use the whole £30 in one go. We’ll also receive £30 in credit. Happy cooking!
Resource of the Week
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries