Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Elysia Catering are a catering company with sustainability at their core. Listen to founder Sophie Andre explain how they make high quality food affordable by turning surplus artisan products and ingredients into mouthwatering breakfast and canapes for events.
You’ll not only learn how Elysia Catering saving tonnes of artisan food from going to waste, but how they’re saving the planet too. All their transportation is done by bicycle around the city of London, reducing CO2 emissions. Saving food waste and reducing their negative impact on the planet? That’s exactly the kind of thing we’re all about!
In this episode you’ll learn
- How to bring sustainable practices into multiple levels of business
- The logistical challenges involved in catering events and transporting everything via bicycle
- How artisan products become waste or surplus to requirements
- How to turn leftovers into delicious breakfasts and canapés
- The importance of partnerships and joining forces with the right people
- How to see your “competitors” as potential partners instead
- Three solutions for reducing food waste at events
Notes & Links
Learn more about Elysia Catering and discover their event menus on their website.
Hannah McCollum from ChicP