023 – The Secret Ingredients for Selling with Marcus Carter from The Artisan Food Club
When starting an artisan food business you might think to start with the product and then work out how to get it to market.
Marcus Carter from the Artisan Food Club says that’s backwards thinking. He suggests starting with a plan for sales and distribution and only THEN working on the product if the business has legs.
In this episode you’ll get a chance to hear about the food industry from a very different viewpoint, how to reduce risk when selling to independent stores, how to use social media to drive traffic to physical stores and much, much more.
We’ve also got a handy resource of the week to help you keep track of all your sales and marketing efforts so you can focus on building your business.
In this episode you’ll learn
- How to work map out your food business on paper before investing lots of time and money
- How to work BACKWARDS from sales and distribution to product rather than the other way round.
- How to reduce risk in selling your products to independent stores
- How the 80/20 Rule applies to independent stores and selling your food products
- How to use social media to drive traffic to local stores
- The Law of Local
- The importance of getting on the phone to sell your products
- How the Artisan Food Club is bringing independent stores and food producers together
Notes and Links
Learn more about The Artisan Food Club
Eat17 independent store
The 80/20 Rule or Pareto Principle
Resource of the Week: HubSpot free CRM