Show NotesDownload episode MP3
Did you know that only 7% of honey consumed in the UK is from British bees?
It’s a crazy stat and Hive & Keeper are on a mission to change it. They’re a social enterprise that aim to support British beekeepers, pay them a fair price and bring a diverse range of great tasting products to honey lovers across the country.
Tune in to learn some fascinating facts about honey, bees, beekeeping and building a social enterprise.
In this episode you’ll learn
- How and why honey tastes different – even if it comes from the same geographic area
- How many visits to flowers make up a 224g jar of honey
- What a honey wheel is
- Why so we import so much honey in the UK
- Where the majority of honey consumed in the UK really comes from
- The difference between a good beekeeper and a bad one
Notes & Links
Hive & Keeper Honey Club subscription
Read more about Hive & Keeper on Eco & Beyond
For more bee-related podcast episodes, listen to Kath Austin from BeeBee Wraps talk about their plastic-free alternative to clingfilm.